Hello! Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it.
This About page is an overview of what this blog is all about. If you want to know more about me personally then the post My Journey Back into Cycling is most definitely the best place to start.
As far as the Blog is concerned the content has changed over the last couple of years to reflect my evolving cycling interests from one day Sportive and Gran Fondo style events to multi day ultra distance, self supported adventures. At the moment the blog is divided into 5 categories as per:
1. 2017 Trans Am: A day by day diary of my 2017 Trans America Bike Race experience. A self supported ultra distance bike race from Astoria, Oregon on the west coast of North America to Yorktown, Virginia on the east coast.
2. 2019 Trans Atlantic Way: A day by day diary of my 2019 Trans Atlantic Way experience. A self supported ultra distance bike ride around Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way tourist route.
3. Rides & Races: This category includes any kind of race or ride that inspired me to put pen to paper. At the mo it mostly includes a few Sportive and Gran Fondo race reports.
4. Training & Prep: This category currently includes a couple of posts on my Trans America Bike Race preparations. Now that I have that race and another ultra under the belt I aim to develop this category with posts on what I have learnt and continue to learn on the best ways to prepare for these ridiculously long races. Training, bike set-up, nutrition etc.
5. Ride Bucket List: I constantly hear of rides, races and tours that I’d love to do one day. Posts about this topic, the stuff that fires me up, will appear in this category.
If there is anything else that interests you that you would like me to blog about please let me know, whether as a comment in a blog post or via one of my social media channels.
Again, thanks for stopping by.
Have a great ride,